emma features a number of innovations in the Australian market:-
- A more in-depth database of all newspaper and magazine formats capturing data across across print, website, mobile and tablet.
- Emma is unique in that it combines print audience currency with digital audience currency to deliver total audience measurement for news media mastheads. Accurate cross-platform readership estimates are created by fusing IAB accredited digital audience data (Nielsen’s Digital Ratings Monthly –DRM).
- Community and small regional titles are measured by a combination of survey and statistical modelling, making emma the most comprehensive source of Australian print readership and the only readership source for many smaller titles.
- Sophisticated survey techniques utilised to interview 40,000 consumers a year, seven days a week.
- Readership data on individual branded sections of newspapers.
- New contemporary segmentation of the Australian population with 10 consumer segments identified.
- New insights into brand and product consumer behaviour.
Some of emma’s™ major innovations that have followed after launch have been:
- the inclusion of community titles into the same database with national metro and regional titles
- the emma Engagement metric that answers the What, When, Why and How of readership
emma is intended to be future proofed – it is designed to respond to changing consumer behaviours and emerging measurement techniques. It will continue to evolve, keeping up with the continuously changing readership behaviour and media landscape.
Innovations and new services will continue to be overseen by the Media Federation of Australia, as part of the TRW Technical Committee, as well as tested against the rigorous global best practice standards Ipsos adheres to.